**This article is only visible to Employees**
How to install and configure Avaya one-X v2.5 on Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Access to Hitachi Network
- Go to \\corp.hds.com\dfs01\San\San-Tree\Groups\Ivan Colon\Avaya\ and retrieve the following files:
- Avaya one-X v2.5 Installation & Configuration in Windows 7 (64-bit), Rev 1.1.doc
- Avaya one-X Communicator Agent User Guide.doc
- AVAYA – Hitachi Agent to Station Mapping Jan 2013.xlsx
- Extract the zip file and drill down to the executable file OneXAgentSetup.exe. Run the executable to install Avaya one-X
- a. Click Next to continue with the Setup Wizard.
- b. Check the box next to “I accept the terms in the License Agreement”. Click Next.
- c. Enter your name in the Full Name field. Click Next.
- d. Click Next to install to the default directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya one-X Agent\.
- e. Click Next.
- f. The Language Pack defaults to English. Click Next to continue.
- g. Enable the "Click to Dial in Internet Explorer" and "Click to Dial in Mozilla Firefox" features. Click next.
- h. Click Next.
- i. Choose TTY device Baud Rate of 45.45. Click Next.
- j. Click Install to begin the installation.
- k. Check the box where it says “Launch one-X Agent when setup exits.” Click Finish.
- Configure System Settings during the initial launch of Avaya one-X.
- Go to System Options. Select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Phone Numbers: At the System Settings window, select Phone Numbers. From here you can add your desk number in the bottom field by clicking on the “+”sign. Note: Be sure to create one for your Desk, Cell and Home (whichever applies).
- Login (Station Login, Agent Login): At the System Settings window, select Phone Numbers.
- Station Login: Select the Telephony tab
- Extension: <enter your station login ID>
- Password: 1234 (default)
- Server Address: 10.3.100.54.
- User Type: Agent
- Place and receive calls using: Other Phone
- Telephone at: <select your login location from the drop-down menu>
- Agent Login: Select the Agent tab.
- Agent: <enter your agent ID>
- Password: <same as your agent ID>
- Default Agent state upon ACD connection: Auxiliary
- Dialing Rules: At the System Settings window, select Dialing Rules.
- Number to dial to access an outside line: 9
- Number to dial for long distance calls: 1
- Number to dial for international calls: 011
- Click OK to save your settings.
- Configure Agent Preferences.
- For Remote Users: This section is intended for those working remotely and need to change their login location. This assumes that you have already configured the System Settings beginning on page 12.
Avaya 22.214.171.1247 was designed for Windows XP and will not run on a Windows 7 Operating System. Avaya one-X will replace this version and is designed to run on Windows 7 (64-bit). You will use the same credentials you did before with the original Avaya.